SIL Open Font License v1.10
This license can also be found at this permalink: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/license/tehuti
Copyright (c) 15 July 2015, T. Christopher White (email@example.com),
with Reserved Font Name Tehuti.
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE Version 1.1 - 26 February 2007
The goals of the Open Font License (OFL) are to stimulate worldwide development of collaborative font projects, to support the font creation efforts of academic and linguistic communities, and to provide a free and open framework in which fonts may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OFL allows the licensed fonts to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The fonts, including any derivative works, can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works. The fonts and derivatives, however, cannot be released under any other type of license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the fonts or their derivatives.
“Font Software” refers to the set of files released by the Copyright Holder(s) under this license and clearly marked as such. This may include source files, build scripts and documentation.
“Reserved Font Name” refers to any names specified as such after the copyright statement(s).
“Original Version” refers to the collection of Font Software components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
“Modified Version” refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting—in part or in whole—any of the components of the Original Version, by changing formats or by porting the Font Software to a new environment.
“Author” refers to any designer, engineer, programmer, technical writer or other person who contributed to the Font Software.
PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify, redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font Software, subject to the following conditions:
1) Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in Original or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.
2) Original or Modified Versions of the Font Software may be bundled, redistributed and/or sold with any software, provided that each copy contains the above copyright notice and this license. These can be included either as stand-alone text files, human-readable headers or in the appropriate machine-readable metadata fields within text or binary files as long as those fields can be easily viewed by the user.
3) No Modified Version of the Font Software may use the Reserved Font Name(s) unless explicit written permission is granted by the corresponding Copyright Holder. This restriction only applies to the primary font name as presented to the users.
4) The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Font Software shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
5) The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be distributed under any other license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the Font Software.
This license becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT SOFTWARE.
Tehuti Book | 4373 Glyphs
Tehuti Italic | 4365 Glyphs
Tehuti Bold | 4370 Glyphs
I am in the process of redesigning Tehuti, not simply updating it; however, this is not a total redesign, for only a few of the characters have changed.
I’m completely redesigning the bold version, and adding an italic bold as well.
Tehuti is a modern font predominantly based off Electra, with touches from Palatino, Janson, and Goudy Oldstyle. This is version 2, which has had quite a few updates to its design. During its creation, it led me to incorporate new ideas and alternate designs for characters which I’ve always felt were imbalanced when in text. This expansion also had to do with my love of languages and linguistics, and made me take a different approach to the design of the Greek and Cyrillic glyphs, giving both a more Latin-like feel. The lowercase Cyrillic glyphs are not simply smaller versions of their uppercase counterparts, as is often the case. Also, the a’s in the italic version are designed in a way as to be easily distinguished by the various languages that use them, i.e., whether it be African or Native American. All extra features, including alternate characters, et cetera, are available via open type tables. For those programs without access to open type, all characters are in the Private Use Area at the end of the font. A fontlog is included that lists the code points for additional characters. Since Tehuti is a Unicode font, I will update it on occasion, so check back for newer versions.
Notes: a) the modifier letters are set at the optimal height for text; they are not superiors, but numerators, meaning that if you need to add additional letters to text use the numerator table, i.e., for abbreviations as in 5th, 1ère, and so on. The standard superiors are set for math. b) Tehuti has a large m-height to accommodate multiple combining diacritics, i.e., it’s a smaller point size–16 point equals roughly 12 point in most fonts.
• Latin, Greek, and Cyrillic
• Extended punctuation and brackets. For the uppercase middle dot, use (2E31)
• Most currency symbols, including the newest additions
• A ton of math symbols and arrows
• Latin superscripts, subscripts, numerators, and denominators, which include most punctuation and are mostly in the PUA, and are ordered as listed
• Proportional (lining) numbers, which are in the PUA, and are followed by the tabular styles of both
• A redesigned Alpha
• Redesigned velarized, palatalized, and retroflex characters
• Redesigned glottal stops. Their new design resembles curved 7s, i.e., they lack the stem, which is preferred in the languages that use them. They have curvier alternates, which are (E6B8 & E6B9). The lowercase pharyngeal voiced fricative, counterpart to (0295), if there exists or should exist a use for them as case pairs, is (02E4). Their alternates are (E6BA & E6BB)
• Alternate capitals with hooks, i.e., B, D, H, K, P, and T
• Capital small capital I (A7AE), counterpart to small capital ɪ (026A)
• J with crossed-tail (A7B2), counterpart to (029D)
• Latin Chis (A7B3 & AB53), Betas (A7B4 & A7B5), and Omegas (A7B6 & A7B7)
• Teuthonista (Latin Extended-E)
• Cyrillic alternates for Macedonian, Serbian, and Bulgarian
• SIL additions, which start at F1A1
• SIL nine-step tone markers for African orthographies (F1F1-F1F9)
• SIL retroflex D with hook (F20D), counterpart to (1D91)
• SIL Z with palatal hook (F234), counterpart to (1D8E)
• a & A for Kaolib (F247 & F248)
|Uploaded on:||January 22, 2016|
|Designed by:||T. Christopher White|
|Tags:||Paragraph, Serif, Modern|
|Languages:||Show Language Support|
|Some Fonts Also Support:|