SIL Open Font License v1.10
This license can also be found at this permalink: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/license/sarpanch
Copyright (c) 2014, Indian Type Foundry (email@example.com).
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE Version 1.1 - 26 February 2007
The goals of the Open Font License (OFL) are to stimulate worldwide development of collaborative font projects, to support the font creation efforts of academic and linguistic communities, and to provide a free and open framework in which fonts may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OFL allows the licensed fonts to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The fonts, including any derivative works, can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works. The fonts and derivatives, however, cannot be released under any other type of license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the fonts or their derivatives.
“Font Software” refers to the set of files released by the Copyright Holder(s) under this license and clearly marked as such. This may include source files, build scripts and documentation.
“Reserved Font Name” refers to any names specified as such after the copyright statement(s).
“Original Version” refers to the collection of Font Software components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
“Modified Version” refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting—in part or in whole—any of the components of the Original Version, by changing formats or by porting the Font Software to a new environment.
“Author” refers to any designer, engineer, programmer, technical writer or other person who contributed to the Font Software.
PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify, redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font Software, subject to the following conditions:
1) Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in Original or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.
2) Original or Modified Versions of the Font Software may be bundled, redistributed and/or sold with any software, provided that each copy contains the above copyright notice and this license. These can be included either as stand-alone text files, human-readable headers or in the appropriate machine-readable metadata fields within text or binary files as long as those fields can be easily viewed by the user.
3) No Modified Version of the Font Software may use the Reserved Font Name(s) unless explicit written permission is granted by the corresponding Copyright Holder. This restriction only applies to the primary font name as presented to the users.
4) The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Font Software shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
5) The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be distributed under any other license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the Font Software.
This license becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT SOFTWARE.
Notes from Fontsquirrel about the heritage of this font:
This font's license appears to allow you to use @font-face css embedding!
Sarpanch Regular | 1020 Glyphs
Sarpanch Medium | 1020 Glyphs
Sarpanch SemiBold | 1020 Glyphs
Sarpanch Bold | 1020 Glyphs
Sarpanch ExtraBold | 1020 Glyphs
Sarpanch Black | 1020 Glyphs
Display families with extensive character sets are rare for any script. With Indian typefaces, large character sets are often even less common. The Indian Type Foundry’s font families have been an exception, however. Sarpanch continues this trend. Sarpanch is an open source typeface supporting the Devanagari and Latin scripts. It was designed for use in large point sizes and pixel sizes. Sarpanch’s letterforms are made up of strokes with a high contrast. They are also drawn with wide proportions, based on a squared construction principle.
Six fonts make up the Sarpanch family, ranging in weight from Regular to Black. As weight increases along the family’s axis, vertical strokes become thicker, but the typeface’s horizontals retain the same thickness across each weight. While the rather wide Regular weight of the family is almost monolinear, the Black weight appears to have a very high degree of contrast.
The Regular, Medium and Semibold fonts are recommended for use in short headlines, while Bold, Heavy and Black are intended primarily for setting single words or pairs. At display sizes, Sarpanch works equally well on screen or in print. Each font contains 1035 glyphs and offers full support for the conjuncts and ligatures required by languages written in the Devanagari script.
The Medium–Black weights of the Sarpanch family were design by Manushi Parikh at ITF in 2014. Jyotish Sonowal designed the Regular weight. Sarpanch is an excellent choice for use in advertising or for news tickers on television screens (breaking news, etc.) In Hindi, the word Sarpanch means ‘the head of a village’.
|Uploaded on:||April 11, 2017|
|Designed by:||Indian Type Foundry|
|Classifications:||Display, Sans Serif|
|Tags:||Display, Sans, Geometric|
|Languages:||Show Language Support|
|Some Fonts Also Support:|