SIL Open Font License v1.10
This license can also be found at this permalink: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/license/kanit
Copyright (c) 2015, Cadson Demak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE Version 1.1 - 26 February 2007
The goals of the Open Font License (OFL) are to stimulate worldwide development of collaborative font projects, to support the font creation efforts of academic and linguistic communities, and to provide a free and open framework in which fonts may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OFL allows the licensed fonts to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The fonts, including any derivative works, can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works. The fonts and derivatives, however, cannot be released under any other type of license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the fonts or their derivatives.
“Font Software” refers to the set of files released by the Copyright Holder(s) under this license and clearly marked as such. This may include source files, build scripts and documentation.
“Reserved Font Name” refers to any names specified as such after the copyright statement(s).
“Original Version” refers to the collection of Font Software components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
“Modified Version” refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting—in part or in whole—any of the components of the Original Version, by changing formats or by porting the Font Software to a new environment.
“Author” refers to any designer, engineer, programmer, technical writer or other person who contributed to the Font Software.
PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify, redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font Software, subject to the following conditions:
1) Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in Original or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.
2) Original or Modified Versions of the Font Software may be bundled, redistributed and/or sold with any software, provided that each copy contains the above copyright notice and this license. These can be included either as stand-alone text files, human-readable headers or in the appropriate machine-readable metadata fields within text or binary files as long as those fields can be easily viewed by the user.
3) No Modified Version of the Font Software may use the Reserved Font Name(s) unless explicit written permission is granted by the corresponding Copyright Holder. This restriction only applies to the primary font name as presented to the users.
4) The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Font Software shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
5) The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be distributed under any other license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the Font Software.
This license becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT SOFTWARE.
Notes from Fontsquirrel about the heritage of this font:
This font's license appears to allow you to use @font-face css embedding!
Kanit Thin | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Thin Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit ExtraLight | 773 Glyphs
Kanit ExtraLight Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Light | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Light Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Regular | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Medium | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Medium Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit SemiBold | 773 Glyphs
Kanit SemiBold Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Bold | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Bold Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit ExtraBold | 773 Glyphs
Kanit ExtraBold Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Black | 773 Glyphs
Kanit Black Italic | 773 Glyphs
Kanit means mathematics in Thai, and the Kanit typeface family is a formal Loopless Thai and Sans Latin design. It is a combination of concepts, mixing a Humanist Sans Serif motif with the curves of Capsulated Geometric styles that makes it suitable for various uses, contemporary and futuristic. A notable detail is that the stroke terminals have flat angles, which allows the design to enjoy decreased spacing between letters while preserving readability and legibility at smaller point sizes.
In Thai typeface design the formal loopless Thai typefaces have more simple forms than the conservative looped Thai designs, and this simplification has to be done properly in order to preserve the essential character of each letter. Sizes and positions of vowels and tone marks need to be managed carefully because they are all relevant to readability, legibility, and overall textures. When designing Kabit, special care was taken with some groups of letters such as ก ถ ภ ฤ ฦ, ฎ ฏ, บ ป, and ข ช to ensure they are distinct and legible, because it might lead to confusion if each glyph is not clear enough.
Kanit is the first Thai font family to be hinted with TTFAutohint, an easy-to-use hinting tool that is highly recommended.
The Kanit project is led by Cadson Demak, a type foundry in Thailand. To contribute, see github.com/cadsondemak/kanit
|February 23, 2017
|Show Language Support
|Some Fonts Also Support: