SIL Open Font License v1.10
This license can also be found at this permalink: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/license/abhaya-libre
Copyright (c) 2013-2016 Abhaya Libre Project Authors (https://github.com/mooniak/abhaya-libre-font).
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE Version 1.1 - 26 February 2007
The goals of the Open Font License (OFL) are to stimulate worldwide development of collaborative font projects, to support the font creation efforts of academic and linguistic communities, and to provide a free and open framework in which fonts may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OFL allows the licensed fonts to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The fonts, including any derivative works, can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works. The fonts and derivatives, however, cannot be released under any other type of license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the fonts or their derivatives.
“Font Software” refers to the set of files released by the Copyright Holder(s) under this license and clearly marked as such. This may include source files, build scripts and documentation.
“Reserved Font Name” refers to any names specified as such after the copyright statement(s).
“Original Version” refers to the collection of Font Software components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
“Modified Version” refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting—in part or in whole—any of the components of the Original Version, by changing formats or by porting the Font Software to a new environment.
“Author” refers to any designer, engineer, programmer, technical writer or other person who contributed to the Font Software.
PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify, redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font Software, subject to the following conditions:
1) Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in Original or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.
2) Original or Modified Versions of the Font Software may be bundled, redistributed and/or sold with any software, provided that each copy contains the above copyright notice and this license. These can be included either as stand-alone text files, human-readable headers or in the appropriate machine-readable metadata fields within text or binary files as long as those fields can be easily viewed by the user.
3) No Modified Version of the Font Software may use the Reserved Font Name(s) unless explicit written permission is granted by the corresponding Copyright Holder. This restriction only applies to the primary font name as presented to the users.
4) The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Font Software shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
5) The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be distributed under any other license. The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not apply to any document created using the Font Software.
This license becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT SOFTWARE.
Notes from Fontsquirrel about the heritage of this font:
This font's license appears to allow you to use @font-face css embedding!
Abhaya Libre Regular | 943 Glyphs
Abhaya Libre Medium | 943 Glyphs
Abhaya Libre SemiBold | 943 Glyphs
Abhaya Libre Bold | 943 Glyphs
Abhaya Libre ExtraBold | 943 Glyphs
Abhaya Libre (අභය ලිබ්රේ අකුරු මුහුණත) is the Unicode compliant and complete libre version of Pushpananda Ekanayakes’s FM Abhaya font, the most popular Sinhala typeface on Earth, with a new and original Latin designed by Sol Matas. ‘FM Abhaya’ was designed in 1996 and is the most widely used Sinhala typeface. It is an interpretation of the earliest Sinhala letterpress typefaces. The name ‘Abhaya’ comes after the King Abhaya (474 BCE to 454 BCE) who ruled Sri Lanka in the ancient kingdom of Upatissa Nuwara.
The new and original Latin design is by Sol Matas and was made to match Abhaya Libre’s Sinhala. Thoroughly inspired by the style of the Sinhala, the inherent differences in stroke contrast (the thick and thin parts of letterforms) was modified to tally with the visualization logics of Latin typefaces. The ductus inherits the Didone type and is accompanies by some Sinhala forms for certain terminals. The heights of the uppercase and lowercase letters and their position on the baseline are all carefully considered to best match the Sinhala. Equal care was taken to design the widths of Latin characters to get a nice balance between both writing systems. The large counters and generous x-height, with small ascenders and descenders, create an excellent and highly legible reading experience on small screens.
Thanks to Pushpanada Ekanayake for leading the design of the Sinhala and creating the original FM Abhaya; Sol Matas for leading the design of the Latin; and Pathum Egodawatta and Ayantha Randika for contributing with consulting, managing and OpenType engineering. Special thanks to Sumantri Samarawickrama and Liang Hai for consultancy, and to all the testers during development on Twitter.
|Uploaded on:||October 26, 2016|
|Tags:||Display, Headings, Paragraph, Serif, Modern|
|Languages:||Show Language Support|
|Some Fonts Also Support:|